Georgia College is dedicated to preparing our students to thrive in a global and competitive world. Our African-American Male Initiative program (MALE Connection – Mentoring African Americans for Leadership, Education, and Connection) is part of that mission, focusing on empowering Black males to become leaders on campus and beyond. Our upcoming AAMI Bobcat for a Day event will allow prospective students the opportunity to experience our mission first hand! During this visit, we will introduce students to the organizations and services especially committed to supporting and representing a diverse student body. Let us show you why Georgia College is different. Come visit us and become a Bobcat for a Day!
See our learning community first hand.
Engage with student leaders.
Meet faculty and admissions counselors.
Discover why dynamic students are picking Georgia College.
See the campus and city we hope you will make your home.
- Admissions and Financial aid tips
- Academic advising
- Classroom experience
- Campus Tours, including residence halls, West Campus apartments and the Wellness & Recreation Center
- Panel discussions & presentations from the African-American Male Initiative, Call Me MISTER program, Black Student Alliance, and other student groups
In order to participate in the program, students must meet the following criteria:
Overnight component: (Feb. 21-22)
- Must be a junior or senior in high school.
- Must have at least 2.8 GPA and a 980 total on the SAT (CR+M) or 20 on the ACT composite.
- Students who have not taken the SAT or ACT exams may apply for the program provided they have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Submit an official high school transcript to the admission office.
- Or Submit an application for Admissions for Fall 2016 or be accepted to Georgia College for the Fall of 2016.
Day component (Feb. 22 only)
- Must be in 9th – 12th grade
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
Georgia College will organize transportation for students who need transportation. Once we confirm your attendance, we will send more information on this service.
There is no cost to attend the program. Parents are welcome to attend but overnight accommodations will not be provided.
Registration for this program is now closed. Thanks for your interest and look for more about this program in the future.
If you have further questions please contact:
Emmanuel Little, 478-445-8594, firstname.lastname@example.org